For anyone who wants to try out the Eleanor Burn template technique, you will need to make a basic log cabin block to bring to the meeting.
|Log Cabin block using 2.5" strips.|
6.5" (unfinished size)
- Start with a 2-1/2" square of your accent color [the pink square in the sample].
- Add a 2-1/2" square of your light color.
- Add a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" strip of your darker color
- Add a 2 1/2" x 4-1/2" strip of your darker color
- Add a final strip of 2-1/2" x 6-1/2" of your lighter color. Your unfinished block (the size before it is sewn into a quilt top) should be 6 1/2" square.
As always, bring your projects for Show and Tell, bring any completed Cuddle Quilts, and come spend some time with your friends and quilts—it really doesn't get much better than that!
Our meeting will be on Monday, October 19 starting at 6:30 pm.