At the March 17 meeting of the Choo Choo Quilters, we'll continue the year with a program on another technique done by hand—English Paper Piecing with hexagons. The program will be presented by Veronica Hofman-Ortega and Team Sherry.
If you'd like to participate in the hands-on portion of the program, bring the following supplies to the meeting:
- hand sewing needle (milliners or sharp are good choices)
- 100% cotton sewing thread in a neutral color (50wt. or thinner)
- thread conditioner (like Thread Heaven) if you have it
- small, sharp sewing or embroidery scissors
- thimble (optional)
- straight pins
- at least 7 small pieces of 100% quilters cotton fabric* (approximately 3" x 3" square). At least one of the fabrics should be a contrasting color.
* For this technique, it is helpful to starch your fabrics with sizing, Best Press, or similar product, especially if your fabrics have been pre-washed.
If you have a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt, or a quilt that incorporates hexagons in the patchwork, please bring it for Show and Tell. We'll be showing off our "hexie" selves at the meeting.