Did we get your attention with that headline? Good.
The February guild meeting of the Choo Choo Quilters is February 15—Presidents' Day. So, Veronica invited the president.
And he is coming. To. Our. GUILD. MEETING. Do you believe that???
|February meeting: Bed rugs and a demonstration on making quilts with felted wool.|
Well, you should! Because it's happening [barring bad weather and any air travel complications].
The agenda for the February meeting will be jam-packed. Here's an overview:
- a program about "Bed Rugs: felted wool quilts," with a demonstration,
- the second installment of the 2016 Guild Challenge Mystery project, and
- a short presentation by a special guest, the President of Blank Quilting Corp. and StudioE Fabrics, Scott Fortunoff. Scott will give a short talk followed by time for Q&A.
What to bring to the meeting?
- Show and Tell for the President: Quilts, wall pieces, bags, wearables made with quilting cottons, 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects, contemporary or traditional, hand or machine, big, small and anything in between.
- If you've made projects with any fabrics from Blank Quilting or StudioE Fabrics, Scott will be especially thrilled to see them.
- And, your burning questions or curiosities about quilting fabrics, fabric manufacturing or the fabric industry and any ideas and thoughts about what you as a quilter, sewer, long-armer or "fabric collector" would like from the fabric companies that support our local quilt shops.
Don't be shy. Scott will love seeing all the quilts and projects, and no question is off limits. You'll have his ear!